Our well-being depends on the well-being of everyone else on the planet and the well-being of the Earth. We seek a world in which all of life is shaped by peace, justice, environmental stewardship, love, care for one another, care for the earth, generosity, compassion, respect for diversity and differences, and celebration of the miraculous universe in which we live.
A Caring World: Caring for Each Other and the Planet.
A caring world is one:
- Based on love, kindness, care, generosity, compassion, empathy, peace, nonviolence, environmental sustainability, and social, economic and environmental justice;
- Where we revere, honor and respect each other and the planet;
- Founded on a New Bottom Line – where institutions, corporations, social practices, government policies, our educational system, our legal system, and our medical system are judged efficient, rational and productive to the extent that they maximize love, caring, kindness, generosity, justice, peace, ethical and ecologically sensitive behavior and enhances both our capacity to respond to others as embodiments of the sacred and our capacity to respond to the universe with awe, wonder, and radical amazement at the grandeur and mystery of all being.
What does this world look like?
- Everyone has a basic income, social services, adequate food, shelter, quality and affordable healthcare and education, meaningful work that pays a living wage, and clean air to breathe.
- Our planet has the capacity to rejuvenate, recover, and sustain life because we have transitioned to renewable energies and reduced needless consumption and production.
- Children are playing in the fields, laughing, sitting in classrooms with compassionate teachers who are well paid and have the skills and resources (books, papers, pens, support, etc.) needed to provide a supportive, loving, safe and nurturing environment for kids to explore their world, learn new skills, and have an opportunity to play and grow into adults free from daily traumas.
- You are met at your doctor’s office, hospital, or an integrative healing and wellness center, with a warm greeting. Your integrative health care team spends plenty of time with you and gets to know you, hears your story, listens to your struggles, and supports you to be healthy and whole (spiritually, physically, intellectually, and emotionally). There is universal health care coverage for this comprehensive care.
- Because you receive a living wage or basic income (either through your work or from the government) you know that your basic needs will be met and you have time to spend with family and friends. Your food is grown in healthy soil without pesticides or chemicals that are dangerous to your health and the health of the planet.
- You can attend college or a trade school debt-free.
- Every person, regardless of race, gender, sexual identity, creed or religion is treated with dignity and respect and is deeply valued simply for being alive. You are valued simply for who you are rather than what you can do for someone else or how much money you make or can generate or save for some company. All jobs are valued because without street cleaners, janitors, doctors, teachers, nurses, cab drivers, bus drivers, farmers, repairmen/women, etc. the world would not work.
- We collectively decide what and how to produce based whether and how the production and products serve the well-being of the people, animals and the planet, rather than on how much profit they generate. Everyone is paid a living wage.
- In this world, our inner turmoil, loneliness and isolation will diminish, if not completely disappear. Instead of being pulled to buy the next gadget, you slow down so you can appreciate and enjoy the beauty of the universe, spending more time playing, laughing, singing, dancing, and just being with the people you most love. Your spirit and soul are nourished. Because you feel so supported and held by your community, you feel a deep desire to contribute back to your community and the world.
This is the world we are working to create and we know you want this world too.
To successfully create a paradigm shift so that our society functions based on the above values, we need to build a popular movement of individuals and organizations that work together to advance this worldview and who are committed to their own spiritual and psychological growth and to the spiritual, political, economic and psychological transformation of our society and the world.
We have a strategy for how to get from where we are to where we want to be. We also have an 10-plank vision of what this New Bottom Line would look like in different sectors of society. Please read Our Path to a World of Love and Justice to see that vision.